ROUND 2 » For-Profit Small Business Fund
Grant eligibility and instructions are being made availabe in advance of the application period to allow buisness the opportunity to collect needed documentation, and prepare their application in advance.
It is anticipated that this will be a competitive funding round.
Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Not all applicants will be funded.
5:00am Tuesday, July 7, 2020 through 5:00pm Thursday July 9, 2020.
Applications for Delco Strong 2 (for businesses) will only be accepted during the times/dates outlined below:
The online submission portal will be open on Tuesday, July 7th through Thursday July 9th at 5:00pm. Applications for Delco Strong 2 will not be accepted before or after that time. Due to the response received so far, a decision has been made by the Delaware County Council to extend the deadline for Delco Strong 2 submittals to Tuesday, July 14th at 5:00pm. If a user is experiencing technical difficultly uploading a submission, tech support can be reached by emailing [email protected] during normal buisness hours.
Paper submissions should be packaged in a sealed envelope. The envelope should be marked with “Delco Strong 2", company name, company contact, and phone number.
Paper submission may be dropped off between 8:30am and 4:30pm on Tuesday, July 7th, Wednesday, July 8th, and Thursday July 9th. Due to the response received so far, a decision has been made by the Delaware County Council to extend the deadline for Delco Strong 2 submittals.
Paper submission may be dropped off on Friday, July 10th, Monday, July 13th or Tuesday, July 14th between 8:30am — 4:30pm.
Submissions are to be dropped off at the following location and address:
MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Applications will only be accepted during the times/dates outlined above.
- Up to $10,000 grant for businesses up to $4.5M in revenue*
- Up to $20,000 grant for buisnesss up to $9M in revenue*
*Annual revenue will be based on most recent executed tax return.
Grant award will be based on working capital and operational expenses for one quarter of calendar year as reported on most recent, executed tax return.
- Business must be headquartered in Delaware County, PA.
- Business cannot exceed revenue of $9M annually.
- Business must have economic loss due to COVID-19
Priority Preference for grant funding*
- Businesses with substantial economic loss due to COVID-19
- Businesses not allowed to operate in Yellow or Red Phases
- Businesses that self-certify as Minority, Women, or Veteran Owned
Industries hardest hit:
- Education & Medical
- Service (barbers, groomers, etc.)
*Priority Preference does not exclude any business from consideration.
It only indicates the preferred candidate for the program.
- Businesses not headquartered in Delaware County, PA.
- Businesses that did not experience revenue loss due to COVID-19.
- Businesses that were not operational by December 31, 2019.
- Passive businesses such as commercial or residential landlords.
- Government or government-owned entities.
- Non-Profits and for-profit businesses with a direct tie to a non-profit.*
- Private clubs/businesses that limit membership for reasons other than capacity.
- Businesses primarily engaged in lobbying or political activities.
- Businesses with annual revenue that exceeds $9M.
- Business not compliant with all federal, state, & local laws including taxation.
- Businesses awarded funding in the first round of Delco Strong.**
- Businesses which are not in compliance with current public health guidelines.
- Businesses which have not complied with phased reopening restrictions.
*Further information regarding the Delco Strong program for non-profit entites is available at this link: https://delcofoundation.org/delco-stong-2-nonprofits/
**Businesses which were awarded funding in the first round of Delco Strong will be contacted regarding the availability of “Delco Boost” additional funding.
If you already applied and received funding in Round 1, you do not need to apply again for this round.
Required for Application
Signed, complete, application questionnaire
A copy of the application questionnaire can be found at the bottom of this guidance.
A full complete copy of the executed and signed 2019 federal and state business tax return. For Businesses that report on Schedule C or Schedule F of the owner’s personal tax retun, a full and complete, executed and signed copy of the owner’s 2019 federal and PA state tax return if completed
A full complete copy of the executed and signed 2018 federal and state business tax return and internally or accountant prepared statement of profit and loss for calendar year of 2019. For Businesses that report on Schedule C or Schedule F of the owner’s personal tax return a full and complete, executed and signed copy of the owner’s 2018 federal and PA state tax return and an accountant or internally prepared statement of profit and loss for calendar year 2019.
For buisnesses that commenced operations in 2019, an accountant or internally prepared statement of profit and loss for calendar year 2019 along with the date operations commenced, and a copy of their Articles of Incorporation.
Accountant or internally prepared profit and loss statement for 2020, year-to-date, Janaury through June preferred, will accept January through May if June is not complete.
Accountant or internally prepared profit and loss statements to have details showing at least the information shown on a tax return.
DO NOT SUBMIT BANK STATEMENTS AS A PROFIT AND LOSS STATEMENT.
Business bank account statements will not be accepted in place of a Profit & Loss Statement. An example of a Profit and Loss statement can be found here.
PASSWORDS MUST BE PROVIDED FOR ANY PROTECTED FILES.
Use of Funds
Grant funding can be used by the business to cover working capital costs necessary to maintain a business during COVID-19 disruption, and also for costs of items needed to operate safely during COVID-19 and meet public health requirements (masks, barriers, signage, gloves, etc) to the extent not compensated by another funding program.
Funding may not be used to pay owner’s salary or pay the owner outright. The only exception is when the owner is on the regular payroll of the company. The monies are primarily to support the buisness entity to continue operating during and post pandemic shut-down.
Reference Materials and Documents:
- Delco Strong Guide to Filling Out Application
- Download PDF (English)
- DelcoStrong Application Questionnaire
- Profit and Loss Statement
- Download Sample (Download PDF)
- Checklist for For-Profit Applicants
- Download PDF (English)
- Where To Find Your NAICS Code
- Download PDF Version (English)
- View Online Version (Web-based, Translatable)
- What is a NAICS Code?