Small Business Support Grant Program
The Delaware County Economic Development Oversight Board is administering the Delco Strong Small Business Support Grant Program to provide small businesses located in Delaware County with financial relief due to business disruptions caused by the COVID‐19 pandemic shut down.
Due to an anticipated high volume of applications, it is likely that not all applicants will be awarded a grant because of funding limitation.
Grants will be awarded to those businesses who submit timely, fully completed applications that meet the criteria set forth below in the section labeled "Eligibility".
The Delco Strong Small Business Grant Program materials are being published in advance of the Application Window to provide potential business applicants time to develop their application and gather needed documentation to submit.
Funding for this program is being provided by the Delaware County Redevelopment Authority and the Delaware Valley Regional Economic Development Fund
Businesses eligible for this grant program must meet the following criteria.
- Be a small business defined as having less than 50 full time employees on payroll, March 1, 2020.
- Must be a for‐profit business.
- Business must occupy a "bricks and mortar" location within Delaware County that is not a residential home, and
- Business must be located in an Industrial or Commercial (or similarly described) district within Delaware County.
- Must be an incorporated business in and/or registered to conduct business within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Does not exceed $4,500,000 in annual revenue
Grant Amount Determination:
Final grant determination will be made based on the invoices submitted as the "project". Eligible costs for this program are limited to rent/mortgage, utilities, and inventory from February 15, 2020 through May 5, 2020. Grants will be capped at $7,500 per business entity.
Applications in paper form should be in a sealed envelope with Business Name on front and contact name. Paper applications will be accepted at the Delaware County Courthouse entrance, 201 W Front Street; Media, PA On May 6th between the hours of 12noon and 4:30pm. On May 7th between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm.
Please review the Application Guidelines for this program and the FAQ. These items are being published in advance of the application window so that Delaware County Businesses can prepare their applications. No application will be accepted before or after the application window. Questions not addressed in the guidelines or FAQ should be forwarded to [email protected]